Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Hosted Service-SIP Login Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB45

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
US
Trying to turn up a K175 on the IPO Hosted service but appear to be getting a filer server failure. After bootup and entering user's credentials it returns-"SIP Login Failure, VOIP phone service is currently available but with limited service. Contact your System Administrator"
When I run the configuration verifier in the debugging options everything comes back as pass except file server status which returns a fail. Not sure if it is port related but I have opened 5060 & 5061 UDP/ TCP as well as 49152-53246UDP with no luck. Even went as far as disabling the FW altogether but the same issues appear.

Can I verify the filer server in the Web Management to ensure it is properly configured in the phone? This was setup by another vendor and I do not have a second phone to check as none of them are working due to the same issues.

There are several different hosted IP Office services - which one?

If it the Containerised IPOffice then you need to use set https at the start of the file server address and :411 at the end.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I believe it is Containerized but unfortunately I don't know for sure. Or am smart enough to know how to determine. We have the web management portal access which the interface is the same as when hitting a V2 but not much more beyond that. The file server address in the phones were all identical and only a IP with no https: or port specified.
I did try adding the http and port to the IP in the phone but result was the same.

OK well I may have made some progress. There was a provisioned phone not yet used and upon turning up registered correctly and logged in. The file server IP on that phone is 0.0.0.0 which matched the http address on the system via WM.

Now the problem is I can't seem to remove the current IP in the other phones to be only 0.0.0.0. It currently is set as 0.0.0.0 (10.69.120.99).

And I'm back at ground zero. As soon as the "working" phone was restarted it failed to login and has worse issues than the others.
At this point I am waiting until after the weekend to have someone smarter then me look into this as I think the configuration is just all jacked up.

I'll post my findings if/ when it is finally working.

If this is containerized, if your web manager access is at something like then the phone needs
The file server address is left at 0.0.0.0 unless the Vantage phones need to be set to a specific third-part server that you have configured to host the firmware files.

In other IP Office solutions you need to configure that file server and set its address in the IP Office config. However, you still always use the IP Office system's own address as the phone's setting for file server and it redirects using its File Server setting.

I think you just exposed my lack of knowledge on the hosted services and web Management piece. I stepped out of IPO a few, read several, releases back and just getting back into it which is very obvious at this point. [hairpull2]

The WM is accessed via IP only, no host name, so likely not containerized then? In System tab the HTTP is set to 0.0.0.0,Redirection 'OFF', file writer is 50.195.9.7 with the LAN 1 IP being 173.32.46.22.
Could it be setup for a 3rd party server of which would not be known except by the entity to originally configure the system?

I missed the provisioned bit - set it back to whatever address it came with when provisioned (I'm guessing 10.69.120.99). The SIP error message is saying its connected to the phone system but something is not correct with the SIP configuration. File server is nothing to do with that, it just delivers the settings file with the SIP settings from the system.

You really need to talk with your system provider, since things like the file writer address being set say this system is managed by someone.

So I was able to contact the firm that performed the configuration and am now mostly up and working.

I had to use a file server app and point the phones to my PC in order to load the 46XXsettings.txt & K1xxSupgrade.txt files they sent to me.

Am I wrong that these files should be listed in the manager_files folder of the File Manager interface on the Web Management? The engineer is telling me that as long as the phones register one time the file server setting and subsequent FAIL is irrelevant and can be ignored. Seems to me that any updates or new phones added will never properly load unless this is corrected in the config.

I am now getting a "Time is not updated on your device" warning even though the date/ time is correct on the phone. Small issue for now but annoying none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back