Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO disconnecting outbound calls Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPO

Vendor
Jun 8, 2006
CA
I have a 403 when you try and make oubound calls the message in the display read lines busy when they are not and disconnects the call. It is random it can do this 3 or 4 times on a particular line and then it will work on that same line the next time. it does the same thing on all 7 lines randomly. There is no dial access code to get but I have tried putting in a dial 8 acces code and it does the same thing??

I'm actually having this exact problem on an IP406 office system. I haven't been able to find any information on how to correct this. If I do stumble upon something I will certainly let you know (though I can't say if it will work for a 403 but we can hope).

Wow, thanks a lot.

This problem only started to occur for us recently (we've had the 406 system for a couple of years now) and it doesn't suprize me at all because our phone company doesn't really seem to care about customers in our area.

I'll look into this and see what I can find out.

Thanks so much for pointing me in a direction (as the web searches really weren't doing much, until I found this forum anyhow)

Thanks Kris, I thought I had scanned most of the tec tips but must have missed this one. Indeed it is a line problem we proved this yesterday. The telephone provider in this case IS NOT the TELCO but an alternate provider they are delivering there service via Fibre into an ADTRAN device and then converting them to analog lines. 2 of the 7 lines work perfect 4 more were 50/50 and 1 fails all the time. The problem is only outbound, inbound is workinf fine on all 7 lines. We were able to get the provider to move the lines around on the ADTRAN to differnet channels which helped alot. However 2 lines still are in trouble. Which they are working on now. What is so amazing we discussed this with AVAYA tier 2 support and they were totally convinced this was a hardware problem which we diagreed with.

P

can the telco just break out the analog lines to a circuit instead. here we can often get a partial pri off a t1, with the remaining channels used for their data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back