Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO connection to Asterisk over SIP Trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorpio

Technical User
Aug 9, 2006
DE
Hello,

is it possible to connect an asterisk server over SIP-Trunks? I´m not familiar with Asterisk and don´t have that deep knowledge in SIP Trunking.

Thanks Sorpio

Yes this is possable we have done it in the early days of 4.0 trial, our setup was

Nokia E61, connected via Wireless LAN to the Asterisk as a SIP extension, connected via SIP trunk on the IPO. Could call from the 5410 to the E61 Nice ...

I will see if I can find the Asterisk config when I get to the office.

ipo.gif

fine, if you can provide the config, it would be great. Thanks a lot

This is all I could fine, I assume this was our setup.

Incase anyone is trying this and needs a basic setup. This was done using asterisk trixbox. To enable h323 in trixbox follow these steps first:

cp /etc/asterisk-1.2.7.1_samples/ooh323.conf /etc/asterisk
amportal stop
amportal start

sip.conf

[general]
context=internal
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[3000]
type = friend
context=internal
username = 3000
host = dynamic
mailbox = 3000
dtmfmode=rfc2833

Extensions.conf

[general]

autofallthrough=yes

[internal]
exten => 3000,1,Dial(SIP/3000,30,Ttm)
exten => 3000,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => 3000,3,Hangup
exten => 3000,102,Voicemail(u3000)
exten => 3000,103,Hangup

exten => _89XX,1,Dial(OOH323/${EXTEN}@ipo) ;change _89XX to whatever extensions are on the IPO

OOH323.conf

[general]

faststart=yes
h245tunneling=yes
gatekeeper = DISABLE

[ipo]
type=peer
context=internal
ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ;Your IPO IP
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

IP Office Line

Voip Settings

Gateway IP = asterisk ip
compression mode = automatic
h450 support = h450

enable fast start = checked
Out of band dtmf = checked
allow direct media path = checked

ipo.gif

hello i use your configuration in my trixbox and in my IPoffice SOE but i have no communication...

In asterisk i use tribox and i write your configuration in config edit and in my ipoffice i configure just a new line IP. So i don't use sip on my ipoffice soe okay ? And in Ipoffice i must configure other ? In asterik i use SIP count for my extension with no problem but it's impossible to call extension on my soe.

I am lost and i want your help if possible.

thank you very much.

Nicolas.

ok i don't know licence is compulsory...And if i just use your configuration i have no problem with a telephon sip on asterisk and a 5410 on my soe ? i do not need another configuration ? So in my soe i create a sip line and not IP line it's really ?

thank you very much for your very fast answer.

Thank you.

Nicolas

I read your configuration and I test this but it's wrong. But i am testing connection between two trixbox, i use IAX protocol. I create two extensions on asterisk server and on server in my dial patern i write if you don't know extension on the server put the call on this extension and asterisk1 call asterisk2 with extension. I use this with no problem. And with Ip office why i don't create extension ? Why MrIPO create ligne IP and not SIP line ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Mr IPO used my post from awhile back. Its not a sip trunk config but a h323 conf. This is free to do with an IPO and an astrisk box. it does work, very well actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back