Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO bug with 3.2.53 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyphone

Programmer
Jun 14, 2005
FR

Hi,

I have a big problem on the site of a customer. I have an IPO 406v2 with an analog 8, a vcm 30 and approximatly 40 ip phones. Since i upgrade on 3.2.53 there is frequently the majority of ip phones who passed in "discover 192.168.1.6" who is the ip adresse of the IPO. I said the majority because sometimes only 10 phones stay register. I took trace with monitor and send it to avaya, they said to change the IPO. I did it but i have always the same problem. For register all phones i need to reboot the IPO.

In the trace i have this :

1748mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80167 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
1901mS PRN: GRQ from c0a8016f --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2015mS PRN: GRQ from c0a8017b --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2026mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80184 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2037mS PRN: GRQ from c0a8018a --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2076mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80172 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2087mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80173 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2088mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80189 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2099mS PRN: GRQ from c0a8016e --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2138mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80195 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10
2149mS PRN: GRQ from c0a80194 --- RAS reaches the max capacity of 10; Endpoints registered: 10

I need help because the customer become furious.

Thanks

Only 1/4 of their phones are working? I don't blame the customer for being furious. Personally I wouldn't spend another second trying to fix this at the customer site but would immediately downgrade them if it was working fine at a previous firmware release.

Play with it in the lab and try to duplicate it there.

Peter Sherwood
Morrack Consulting
Affordable World Class Off-site Backup!

you may need a 3rd party tftp for this. think the manager limit is about tewn units. this sounds about right with your ten working. search posts for tftp servers, and avaya has a free one i think.

the Avaya TFTP freeware also has a limit of 10 or 14 i believe.

If you want to do 40+ you will need to use a TFTP applicatioin that runs as a service instead of just a regular application. This type isnot usually freeware. I use WinAgents and I have had it handle more than 100 at a time.

What does this have to do with tftp?
If a phone goes into "Discovery" mode then this means that the phone can't connect to the Gatekeeper or vice versa.
This communication passes through ports 1719 and 1720.

I would suspect a problem in the firmware of the IP Phones, did you upgraded the phones? Did you replace the VCM card?
Do a sysmon trace on the interface and H.323, this should reveal the problem.

Thanks intrigant,

The phones are already in 2_3 firmware, i don't change the vcm card, i will tace with sysmon on interface and h.323.

Thanks.

If you upgraded the firmware wich came with the 3.1.56 version then i advise you to upgrade the phones with the version wich comes with 3.1.65 or higher.

Intrigant

The firmware for phones are the same, is the 2_3 firmware.

Regards

The IPO only support 10 simultanious registrations. This could be an issue if all 40 phones try to register at the same time since registrations will be rejected.

But it shouldn't be a problem with this many phones because they will try to re-register within acceptable time limits.

This looks like a software bug, not a hardware fault.

Intrigant is correct, this has nothing to do with TFTP.

sunnyphone

try to listen to intrigrant because he is right (most of the time :) )

the 2_3 firmware for 3.1.56 is different then the one from 3.1.65
so probebly the 2_3 firmware for 3.2.53 can also be different
so upgrade the phones again and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back