Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO (Basic) dials letters on T series phones while in an AA menu. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straggle

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
I’ve got an IPO basic, 9.0.9, that dial letters when a user gets into an auto attendant.

For example, my customer user, at extension 201, call another company and that company‘s auto attendant answers. Extension 201 then prices the digit four, two route to that option in the attendant, and a “s” shows up on his telephone display.

This same behavior happens from any phone on system. I have change the phones out with known working test phones.

I have performed cast calls to attend at menus that I know well, and the calls routed correctly, even though the choice made doesn’t show up in the display correctly.

So, while this isn’t really a function fix, it is a customer comfort fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is it always "s"?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Upgrade to 9.0.12 and see if that fixes it - sounds like a software issue to me and a patch may well rectify the trouble while saving you a headache trying to troubleshoot that is broken in the coding :)

Doubt it. As I was hinting (but too lazy to get off the sofa and find the manuals to check), 's' is the usual character Avaya use on the phones to indicate that they have suppressed display of the dialed digits. I suspect their thinking is that once your connected to a remote system, the thing you might dial could include pin codes and credit card numbers which some people won't want shown on the phone display. Whether theres a control for that in the system settings of Basic Edition I don't know but that's the line I would spin for 'customer comfort'.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Does it work when pressing the digits?
Yes - No problem because someone uncomfortable with the way a phone behaves is not really a problem of the phone but rather the user
No - damn upgrade, best to real IP Office because the basic is a pain

sizbut, nice tidbit of information with the suppression of code. have a star because I didn't know that, or not remembered :)

Joe W.

FHandw, just expired ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Sure enough, the software update fixed it. The system was actually on 10.0.3, and is now updated to 10.0.6. The update only took about 10 minutes and the problem of salt from there on out.

Thanks guys!

spring for the $300.00 and upgrade to essential edition and be done with basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back