Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 7 - Changed Module from analogue to digital DSM 8A 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey42001

Technical User
Jan 24, 2008
GB
Can anyone advise on this issue, I have removed Analogue Module from slot four and replaced it with a Digital 8 Port Module. Once rebooted this module doesnt come up. One red LED is on permanently on port one?
Have done the obvious, swapping cards over, all ok

Anyone got any ideas

Cheers
Mark

You need to power off the system before making card changes, they are not hot swappable :)

Untitled-1.png

hi thanks for your reply, I have done re boots swapped cards over when system was off, still the same

Does it show up in the config or SSA?
Do you see an error in monitor?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Did you upgrade the firmware on the card to match you system firmware?

In monitor trace options select tab default all , in system tab change colour to red "easy to see" when you connect what cards shows on the system , ????

Could try file/ advanced /upgrade and upgrade the system just to try and kick it into life, same firm ware level and see if that helps ,

But monitor usually is a good guide , if youre saying you have taken a working card out of a working slot , put a new card in with the system powered off." file advanced shutdown", dont just pull the power , that card wont show in monitor I would say that the card is faulty , if you put the originall card back does that card come back up ?

Main point if as AMriddle suggests if you have tried this hot you probably will have blown the slot.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back