Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500V2 2024 Daylight Saving Time settings not working 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

linklight

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
CA
Hello, on all our IPO 500V2 boxes with 11.1.2.0.0 build 239 the system time is one hour behind this morning.
Looking into it we found that the Auto DST dates only go to 2023, there are no 2024 and on calendar dates listed!
SNTP settings all look good, synching is happening just fine.

Looking like we will have to manually build calendars for 2024 and forward on all 160+ boxes!!!
Hoping for a patch.....

Anyone else seeing this?

This is a huge issue right now with us. They never updated the XML file.

There's a thread on here from last year maybe, that someone uploaded an updated XML. I'll see if I can track it down and link it.

EDIT: it was Westi and BFG9k in that thread. Here's the link

- Qz

@Qzwsa

Unfortunately, we have over 400+ customers and a reboot for each customer might not be feasible.

We are going in with the limited resources we have and changing the entries manually. This way it doesn't require a reboot.

Updating the file would be a great solution, if a reboot was not needed.
Manual changes it is...........

Thanks Everyone!

We feel your pain. Hours have been wasted on this task yesterday and today. Here is our process, but would love to know if there is a more efficient option:

No Reboot Necessary Option
• Close Manager
• Save the TimeZoneInfo.xml to the local Windows Manager Directory
This is our customized XML. Only has Central and Eastern updated. You may need to adjust for your specific Time Zone.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Admin Suite\Manager
This will cover for future configs as well

• Open Manager
• Open Fresh Config
• Re-Select the necessary time zone from the drop down
• Notice DST dates are now updated (reads the recently added manager file)
• Merge the config
• Check System Status for adjusted time now corrected

I found an xml that takes it upto 2033, these xml files can only set the next 10 years only?

Is 10 years an avaya manager system limit?

10 Years is plenty, by 2033 we will be all calling through the clouds.

Im not changing out my system in ten years, its working for me in its current state

Currently all is working, but 10 years from now I doubt there will vendor support for the non cloud IPO product line.

Thanks for the XML file. I copied the time entries to my Timezone, saved and it updated.

Intiially I just did NONE, and changed the time from my Set.
But the time on VMPro didn't match up and AA where playing we were closed.

Everything syncs up and work now.

thanks dwone555
yes it looks like they were smoking funny stuff before writing this. It also doesn't work for every release I guess as they want to have webmanager used for it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

So they are telling us how to change time in Server Edition but not how to fix DST issues if you have location settings set within your solution. They are also telling us to set DST to auto for V2-only solutions to fix the issue? haha what?

The problem is their XML. Seriously what were they smoking...

Edit: Forgot to mention, we opened an emergency ticket with Avaya and provided them the XML solution. So I can't believe they managed to f this up.

Is this Avaya PSN a joke?

3. Update the configuration setting to use an SNTP (Network Time Protocol) server address for the appropriate time zone
4. Set the DST (Daylight Saving Time) to "auto" for the date range in the current year.

There is no current year calendar entry, that is what needs to be added.

The file given does not update US PST Pacific time zone, anyone have on that does?
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back