Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 voicemail pickup no rings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlamo

MIS
Mar 14, 2007
US
I'm running VMpro and an IPO 500. I wanted to set up an ext that would be a message alert which would hang up when complete and would answer immediatley without the caller hearing a ring. For instance when I dial the ext now it rings once then picks up, Can I eliminate the ring? I realize it's an odd request but we have a sales guy that gets a lot of voicemail accounts when calling potential customers and if he had a way to leave a recorded message so he could save his voice he would be grateful. I figured other then buying a predictive dialer or some expensive software I could just have him transfer the call when he gets a vm greeting and then the recorded message on the other ext would leave his message.

Any better ideas?

Create short code that points to a module in vmpro. in the module, do a generic action and record the message you want on there. Then just have him transfer the call to the short code and it should go right to the recording.

which shortcode feature do I use? I tried dial and I get imcompatible.

Voicemail collect
"modulename"
Line Id0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back