Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 V2 - Upgrade SD Card and Apply New PLDS License File - Confirming Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Elias

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2017
US
I have a working IPO 500 V2 system that has an older SD card (4 GB, I believe).

I ordered a new 8GB SD card (Avaya branded) and received an updated PLDS license file that's tied to the new SD card. The updated PLDS XML file also includes some additional SIP endpoints.

I'd like to confirm the procedure for this before doing it:

1. Format the new SD card using IPO Manager (the same version that we're using now to maintain the phone system)
2. Re-create the SD card using IPO Manager
3. Boot the IPO system using the new SD card
4. I would assume now it will say that the license isn't valid since it's tied to the old SD card
5. Upload the new license XML file

Is that the correct sequence?

Thanks.

No need for step 1 unless you think there's a problem.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

OK thanks. One more question...

Is it possible to do this without needing to connect the SD card to a PC? I'm asking because the system that's running IPO Manager is a virtual PC, and connecting the SD card through ESXi is turning into a pain.

Is there a way to insert the new SD card into the (running) IPO 500 unit and then re-build it from the unit's SD slot?

Thanks.

Recreate the card on a PC. You cannot do it while installed in the IPO. Before you recreate the card, copy off the config.cfg, security.cfg and holdmusic if installed.
After you recreate the new card copy the config, security, and PLDSkeys.xml (rename license file to PLDSkeys.xml) over to the new card.
Reboot and you are good to go.

Awesome - thank you!

And I figured out how to get the SD card to be recognized by the VM. It's done and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back