Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 - SIP one way transmission and can't make outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjt20one

Technical User
Oct 31, 2008
US
I have an IPO 500 that has been working fine for nearly a year. We're using SIP and suddenly we started getting one-way transmissions (we can't hear incoming callers) and cannot make an outbound call.

We didn't loser power, make any network changes (router, firewall, etc) or make any configurations to the IPO. We contacted the carrier and they don't see any traffic leaving our network and confirmed the SIP trunks and server on are up and okay.

We're on R6.0 with a VCM32/ATM4 card. We reset all hardware (modem, router, switch, IPO, firewall) and no improvement.

Could the card or other hardware have gone bad? Any other ideas?

Have you tried to change the STUN server. I have has the same issue before and thats solved it for me.

Nothing changed?
I don't believe it when i am honest.
If nothing changed then it would still be working.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Well, yes, clearly something changed. I mean we didn't change anything on our own (scheduled maintenance, changes, etc).

Has anyone ever experienced symptoms like this because of hardware failure?

could be the VCM card. I would be inclined to reseat all the cards and modules in the IPO. is it in a rack with lots of other hardware / servers whizzing away?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Yes, two PowerEdge servers, two non-POE switches, one POE switch, router, modem, UPSs etc.

Going to try reseating the cards today.

I know EXACTLY what this is. Have you changed your router recently or reconfigured it? It is an issue with NAT.

We had similar issues a while back and it was down to us having a Symetric NAT router. SIP has problems traversing NAT devices. It uses STUN for NAT traversal but STUN doesn't work with symetric NATs. Read one way audio for the cause and fix.
Take a look and let me know if this fixes it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back