Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 Brouktrout T1 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

djuplift

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2008
US
Does anyone have any idea if I can configure an IPO 500 to route calls to a FaXcore Fax server with a brouktrout TR1034 T1 card.

They currently have an AdTran device inline before the IPO which grabs these calls and reroutes them.

They are adding 2 new Sprint PRI's and they would like to remove the AdTran form the picture and have the IPO handle the fax did routing.

I know how to do this using analog Extn ports, however i have never done it with a trunk port let alone a T1 trunk port.

I cannot find any documentation anywhere for this.

ACA Implement: IP Office | Convergence+ |

You may need to change the one setting in the T-1 Line Field from CPE to CO so you act as the master in the master/slave PRI relationship.

I have done this using qsig on the T1/PRI interface. Then in the incomming call route is how i routed the faxes right back out the t1 interface to the brooktrout card.

I have done it with 4 channel T1 before and it worked great.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Can you guys tell me how you set up the Incoming call routes?

How did you guys set up the incoming call routes could you provide me an example?

Is it safe to assume the Dialed digits will be passed through the TI to the BrookTrout so the FaXcore can associate the dialed DID's with the appropriate User?

Is there any other configurations that were required? I when i set up a faxfinder fax server i had to create phantom users, a huntgroup, and i created 2 Analog Extn users with DTMF for Caller ID.

I need as much info as i can get from you guys, I appreciate the help and the responses.

The way i have done it in the past is to use short codes. Say your incomming digits were 5555. I would have my incomming call route of line 0 incomming number 5555 destination 5555. Then creat a short code of

SC-5555
Dial
Line of the connection to the fax server.

if you have a block of DID's that are going to the fax server you can do it with 1 short code instead of having individual short codes. something like

55xx
dial
55N
Line of fax server

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back