Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406v2 CF card size limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

codermonkey

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2007
PL
Is there a limit in the size of card that the 406 will accept?
I had a 32mb card, but that was too small to put all the bin files on, so I purchased the smlled i could find now, 4GB :)
The IPO does not seem to like it.

really? No one out there has any idea about this?

when you say doesnt like it? what do you mean? just doesnt see it?

512 rings a bell, but i honestly dont know why. dont suppose you have a 512 card lying about?

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Well I use a 512 card and that works so that could well be the ceiling on card size, is a bit of a pain if that's true though as finding a 512 never mind smaller is a challenge :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

2GB works overhere in a SOE/406V2/IP500

Avaya_Red.gif

yeah but everything is more relaxed in holland :)

I'm selling at 2gb anyone got three? Going going...

interesting. Well it kinda works.
The holdmusic.wav was copied by they system no probs, and shows up in the Manager. But when I try using the manager to upload more files on to the card it tells me there is no room on the card.
I tried uploading using the TFTP command line, and that gives me a timeout.
The manager says that there is negative space left on the card, so I guess its just a bug, where they did not anticipate large cards.
The only thing remaining, is to upload the files using a card reader, and then see if the system will pick them up, I expect it will. Unfortunately, I don't have one to hand..
Please, please, please no one tell me you have one to hand, which I could borrow, because unless you're in Krakow, Poland, I will send a nuclear bomb your way :)

codermonkey, I had this same issue with a 128mb card I found lying around, it as you say timedout and Manager shows it as - figures, I replaced it with the 512mb one and that worked fine so I just put it down to a knackered card and binned it, so I don't thnk it is the size :)

(P.s I tried re-formatting it first and it was the same)

Tom not everything, i'm still working for my home and holydays. When i'm 65 then i'm going to relax and i'm not half way there yet.

:-(

Avaya_Red.gif

from your username i assumed your were born in december 1934. which makes you 75 :)

Or 1234 which would explain why he knows of all past posts on this website :)

The largest it will recognize is 4GB. We have an 8GB in our 406v2 but again 4096MB is what it sees.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Can you take the CF card out when the IPO is online or do you have to shutdown the IPO to take the CF out?

What format do you have to format the CF card for IPO?

Thanks!

I just stick it in and out no problems, the only time that is an issue is with embedded Voicemail cards. FAT32 is what mine are at I believe that is how they come anyway :)

Any will do :)

Codermonkey said, "The manager says that there is negative space left on the card, so I guess its just a bug, where they did not anticipate large cards."

I am also getting this on my SOE embedded card. I can not add or delete files. TFTP doesn't work either.

The voicemail boxes work ok though.

Also, when I insert the card into a PCMCIA on my computer, the computer says it can't read because "the file or directory is corrupt and unreadable".

Any solutions to this?

Thanks.

rcoleman65, I recently had the same "negative space and corrupt" problem but I changed the card for another 4gb from the same manufacturer and that was fine :)

It was my understanding that you had to use cards specifically from Avaya. How did you get it to work?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back