Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406V2 5.0 software and 5610 remote phone problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus63

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
US
What are the first steps on solving the remote phones coming and going.
I have enough license and VCM's to support up to 10 phones. Phones will stay up some days and not others. We had the internet pipe increased at the start of the year and then the remote phones really started acting up. Before the upgrade they would have problems but not like this. \\Not sure what to do to figure out my problem. When I talk to the internet provider they say not them. The network guy says not me. And I think I'm right because if the system were having problem I would think the phones would not work at all.
So here is what happens. You can be just sitting there and the phone restarts itself. The phone registrars and works you can make and take calls and with no reason the phone drops the connection and restarts and again. Sometimes it goes days without doing it. Not all the remote phones do it at the same time. Some will stay up and maybe the next day one of them will do it.
To do a simple check we swapped out the control unit same problem.
If you haven't figured it out lost on what to try next.
Thanks for any help.

Are you using VPN Remote or just connecting them through the internet?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

We are using the VPN Client that is built on the phones.
The last rev that was available for the release that is on the phones.
No change still...having phone drop off that start working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back