Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 4.1.(12) user in scn licensed switch will not ring when in hunt g

Status
Not open for further replies.

ic1ssbill

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
I have a customer who has 2 ipo offices that are scn and when a user from "B" switch is added to hunt group that originates in "A" switch, the user will not ring. Any thoughts ?????

What software level ?
I thought this was a problem in 4.2.11 or 4.2.14

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Then try an upgrade to 4.2.17

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Not to be overlooking the obvious - We have an ASCN and most of our hunt groups have a setup like this. Usually when it doesn't work, it is because of one of four things:
The hunt group in A is not advertised; the user has their DND on and doesn't realize it; they used a programmed button to log out of the hunt group and don't realize it; or they set up a call forwarding to another extension and hunt group calls are not forwarding. We've been doing this for some time with no problems, on both 4.1 and 4.2 - we are currently at 4.2.14.

Upgrading to 4.2(17) is not possible at this time (won't let me take the HOSPITAL down during the day.

Do you have advanced networking license in both systems?..........it is required for distributed hunt groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back