Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 11 Auto Attendant DialbyNumber not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

makemetrend

Technical User
Jan 23, 2019
PH
Hi guys! Im facing a problem in programming the Auto Attendant.

DialbyNumber is not working.
For our extension. 1 - Receptionist and local extensions are 200-300 series.

If the caller will press 1 and follow by the extension number it always transfer to the receptionist even if the action key for 1 is DialbyNumber.

Can I use a shortcode for the transfer action? If yes, can you help me what short code shouold I use?

You probably have Direct Dial by Number switched on so the 1 they dial for the key is being included in the extension and that immediately matches your receptionist.

Also have 2 and 3 do dial by number.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

hi sizbut, I already disable the Direct Dial by Number.

Do you mean I need also to enable the 2 and 3 key? and do dial by Number?

The key means the keypad right when they touch? So why I need to enable the 2 and 3?

When you have "Direct Dial-By-Number" checked on the Auto Attendant tab, the action "Dial By Number" on the Actions tab means that particular digit is the leading digit of your extension numbers.
So your extensions are 200's and 300's? Check the box and set Key 2 and 3 to Dial By Number and callers will be able to enter the extension number they want

this is such a basic programming issue that you should be embarrassed to ask it. hit the help button

Hi 1043,

I know this is a basic programming. I actually figured it out by changing the extension number of Receptionist but the IT Manager didnt want to change it. So that's why im asking. So im finding ways to figure it out.

You think changing the Dial delay time would work?

I still can't figure out from your description what your conflict is. The extensions are in the 200's and 300's. What are the callers dialing, what are they reaching, and what are the selector codes set to?

Our receptionist ext are 1 and 2. And the back office employee uses 100-300series.
The challenge is when the caller dial the pilot number and then the AA comes in. It says that press 1 if you know the extension number that you want to reach and press 0 to reach the operator.

So when the caller press 1 and dial the local number eg. 148 it's not reaching the 148 instead the 1 which is the receptionist. I created another AA named Transfer_to_ext, so when they press 1 it will transfer to the Transfer_to_ext and the Transfer_to_ext I configured all they keys to Dial By Number but unfortunately its not working it says invalid options and then I tried ticking the Direct Dial by Number and when I tried it again still it's reaching the receptionist 1

So I am thinking if Dial delay time would work..

Is your receptionist actually Ext 1, or are you saying from the AA you want to press 1 to reach the receptionist (which is actually Ext. xxx)?

press 1 if they know the extension then dial the number.

press 0 to reach the receptionist.

Why do you hate your callers? Why do you want them to dial 1 and then the extension number, instead of just dialing the extension number they want to talk to?

Im not the one who created their call flow. What would you like to suggest for my problem? Do you think Dial Delay time would work? Or should i insist them to change the receptionist extension?

I would suggest "If you know your party's extension number, dial it now. For the receptionist, press zero"
Check the box for Direct Dial-By-Number
Action 1 = Dial by Number
Action 2 = dial by Number
Action 0 = Transfer / Destination = Receptionist's extension number

And, you never answered, is the receptionist's extension actually just 1 ?

Yes tommy. The extensions of their receptionist are 1 and 2.

Actually. I already tried that but whenever I tried to press 1 it automatically goes through the receptionist.

When I tried to dial 148.

It triggers immediately the extension 1

GET RID OF EXTENSIONS 1 AND 2. NO OFFENSE, BUT THAT IS THE STUPIDEST DIAL PLAN I'VE EVER HEARD OF!!

OK, that's out of my system. Yes, renumber Ext. 1 to 1xx and Ext. 2 to 2xx. Then the system will be able to tell if you're going to dial more digits after the initial 1 or 2. Action 1 and 2 will work properly as Dial by Number, and set Action 0 to transfer to one of your receptionists or a group (with an extension number of 1xx or 2xx) that has both of them in the group.

Honestly the system is doing exactly what you are telling it to do... 1 is dial by extension, you hit 1, and you have extension 1, and it transfers you to extension 1. As TTT stated you need to fix your numbering to get the results you want. Another star for TTT.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back