Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPLDK20 SIP Trunks incomming not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fineline1234

Technical User
Aug 19, 2009
GB
Hi there
I have a IPLDK20 - latest 3.8 software with 4 sip trunks from Gamma
the system has worked fine for a year or so - then in the last month it seems the trunks go to sleep - outgoing on all 4 trunks no problem - incoming if they hav'nt had activity on the lines within 25 mins calls fail incoming.

changed router out for new one still same problem
if anyone can help me here i would be very grateful

Steve Wallace

Did anyone change anything in the ipLDK-20 just before this issue occurred?
Did anyone upgrade the ipLDK-20?
Powerloss? Or bad or missing grounding?

Did you fault report this to your SIP service provider?

Sorry for these many questions...

///doktor

Thanks Doktor for your prompt response

Did anyone change anything in the ipLDK-20 just before this issue occurred? NOT AWARE - new customer
Did anyone upgrade the ipLDK-20? NO
Powerloss? Or bad or missing grounding? MAYBE POWERLOSS - I WILL CHECK GROUNDING

Did you fault report this to your SIP service provider? YES THEY REPORT SYSTEM AND OR ROUTER NOT RESPONDING INTERMITTENTLY
i should have posted this sorry!

It is OK.
You should contact your local LG-Nortel dealer, so that they can make shure that this is not a hardware fault.
If you suffer a power loss or high voltage transient, then the hardware can be affected.

///doktor

If a system has been woking well, and suddently stops working it is of great importance to find out what happened just before the fault occurred. This can save a lot of time of fault location.

///doktor

Your best option would be to use a packet capture program, such as Wireshark (free download from web).
Connect the router to a HUB (not a switch), pc with Wireshark to hub, and VoIM to the hub.
Using Wireshark you can trace the IP Packets comming in and out of the VoIM.

When the incomming call is made - do the SIP packts make it past the router ?

Does your ADSL Router have it's own SIP capibility? If so, make sure that any reference to port 5060 on the router is removed, and the SIP ports shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back