Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iphone and exchange 2003 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalie2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2008
IE
Folks, here's my setup:
- MS Exchange 2003 sp2, IIS 6, OWA, Two form authentication - RSA Authentication web agent and Requires SSL with 128 bit encryption, self signed certificate.

8gb iphone running 3g and 2.0 I believe

Problem is when setting up exchange on the iphone with the above setup it tells me that exchange information could not be verified, aslo tells me that it could not verify certificate.

I turned off SSL and RSA on IIS and I was able to verify my email on iphone. I then turned back on SSL & RSA and installed certicate from server on iphone but it owuld not verify the account, same error as above.

Is it because I am using a self-signed cert? Is it a limitaion of Active sync on the iphone? I can connect to my OWA over Safari on the iphone. Any help much appreciated?

Don't use a self signed cert. A trusted cert is under $20 and worth the money compared to trying to deal with self-signed certs. TLS works better that way, too, as does OWA.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

58sniper, would this be the cause of the issue I am having? Does the trusted cert stop the "this certificate is not trusted please hit continue to go on to the webpage! message?

Zelandakh, is it the cause of both problems? If so what is a good cert to buy or they all the same?

GoDaddy would be my recommendation. There are thousands and some are better than others - GoDaddy does both bits; works well and doesn't cost a load.

Do you think it is the cause of both problems?

True enough Pat. I will go and buy tommorrow and let you know how I get on. I am not to impressed with the IPHone so far from a busines spoint of view. Think the blackberry's are much better job.

I've got an iPhone and it's certainly slower than my previous WinMo phone. I'm not a fan of Blackberry units, either. Primarily because of their cost vs. functionality. They have a much higher IOPS load on the server, and their licensing gets expensive.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

But the BB device is a success for the end user - they like them and a BB user does not want to use a Windows Mobile device despite it being better and faster with far more functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back