Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPECS300 Vers2

Status
Not open for further replies.

transpgm

Technical User
Feb 3, 2014
GB
Hello

We have a new client with a very old version of IPECS and I need to know how we can upgrade their software to the latest level if possible.

Currently the unit is on Version 2 with the following info on the top right hand side of the screen.

LIK-MFIM300
Iss. 4 Rev <blank>

Older type, with PMU and VMU

Can anyone advise on how to take this to the latest level please. Will the hardware cope with version 5, 5.5, 5.6 and 6.0?

Can you upgrade from version 2 straight to version 5?

Does anyone have any software to upgrade to version 5?

UK based.

All MFIM 50 systems can be upgraded but MFIM 100/300/600/1200 systems must be hardware revision 3 or later in order to run V6.0 software without an override command.

MFIM 100/300/600/1200 Hardware revisions 0,1 and 2 have insufficient memory to support V6.0 and cannot be upgraded beyond V5.6 unless an override command is entered into the MFIM.

Hardware revision 3 went into production in March 2010.

The procedure of the override command

Upgrade MFIM to V5.6 Software.

Then connect via Telnet to the MFIM

Connect with maintenance command password - brandy

From the maint command type issue IssueOverride on then press enter

eg

maint>issue IssueOverride on

Now the MFIM can be upgraded to v6.0 or above

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

Anybody have the software to go from vers 2 to vers 5? or can you jump straight to vers 5 in one step?

Transpgm - yes you do have an extremely ancient version of ipecs. I believe s/w V2 was circa 2003. There have been a few major updates since then. Ipecs is now on version 6.0Cv. I'm not 100% sure but your hardware may not be compatible with the latest s/w. Is there anymore info in the left hand corner, ie:

MFIM/UK95M-6.0Bo DEC/12
Boot Version-2.1Aa NOV/12
Kernel Version-6.0Ap
H/W issue-3

v5.0Dy is the earliest s/w I have. However, any further details you can give will be useful.

“Patience, n. A minor form of dispair, disguised as a virtue.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back