Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPECS UCP-100 SIP Trunks and UCS Softphone App

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMitel

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
GB
Hi,

First off really sorry about this, I personally don't like to work on systems I don't know and don't like to ask questions if not trained but I really need help.

I have been asked to have a look at a recent install because the UCS softphone app isnt working properly because I do quite a bit of work with SIP on Mitel systems and our LG guys don't really do it much.

Basically If you ring out externally from the UCS app via SIP trunks (can't test tdm they don't have any) the end user cannot cannot hear the softphone user but the softphone user can hear them. Calls to and from softphone to IP sets locally work fine. IP sets to external party and visa versa again fine.

I have run traces and everything looks fine with the exception of an error within the messsage header. Remote-party-id shows unrecognised SIP header (remote-party-id). Not sure if this is the cause but I am not sure what to look for to change the headers.
I have located the index number and gone to Board Base Attributes and set the firewall IP address as the WAN address. They have a VOIM8 and that is set to local and there looks to be very little to change here. All open ports look right too.

Can anyone pont me in the right direction?

Regards

Have you also put the wan ip in the board base attributes for the internal voip channels? Normally the sequence number for the internal voip channels is 1.

Have you a DNS address assigned in pgm 102/103?

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

The on board VOIU for UCP's is sequence 2401, so basically go to program 132 (Board Based Attributes) enter sequence 2401 then check/add the Firewall(WAN ip). Also check DNS settings, but in my experience it should not be required unless you are using names instead of IP addresses, but will do no harm.

Dave

Hi,

I have done that but still the UCS app has one way audio. Cannot see what is wrong in the traces as it looks fine but just getting inbound audio only.

Will continue to look through traces and tweak around.

Thanks

Another thought, are you using a VOIM gateway if so you will need to enter that sequence number instead.

Dave

Could also try the TCP/UDP setting on the APP. I know the first release required the setting changing in the main setting page on the phone whereas the newer version came already set as UDP.

Clutching at straws with that one tbh.

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

I saw a similar thing on a Toshiba. There was a setting to keep the media local to the phone system instead of handing it off. Is there something similar in the LG IPECS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back