Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPECS LIP-8024E, No Voicemail Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblumel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2015
US
I have an IPECS LIP-8024E that is functioning properly except that when connected to the voicemail subsystem there is no audio. I've copied the station attributes over from another LIP-8024E that does have voicemail audio, and rebooted the phone, but still no audio. (As well, I have quite a few other phones of various models, including an LIP-8024D connected to the system and have never seen this problem before.) The audio works fine on regular calls, I just get nothing when calling into the voicemail subsystem, not even the initial, "Enter password." I am getting connected to voicemail as I do get the "Enter password" and "VSF Processing" messages on the screen, and, if there is a voicemail and I press the "New" soft button I can see who it is from, I just can't listen to it, or anything else from the voicemail subsystem.

Does anyone have an idea of the cause? An overlooked setting? Some defect in the phone itself? (Seems odd that the audio would only be off in voicemail.)

Which PBX are you using?
Is maybe the phone or voicemail connected remote to the pbx?
Are both in zone1?

It's an MFIM300 with a VMIM module connected locally. All the devices are in Zone 1. Both LIP-8024E (and the LIP-8024D) are connected "Remotely" (from a separate LAN), as well are a number of other IP phones and a DTIM24. This one LIP-8024E is the only phone that has a problem with voicemail, the other LIP-8024E works perfectly and all the other phones connected to the system work perfectly. The problem does not seem to be the VM box; I can log in from another phone and retrieve messages with no problem. And the audio on calls works fine on the problematic LIP-8024E, it is only the voicemail that has no audio.

I would test to change the Mac of the problem phone with the MAC of a working one
and check if the problem remain on the MAC address.

How do you edit the MAC address in the phone config? do you have to press some button or combination to get that value into edit mode?

I just noticed in the system that the 2 LIP-8024E phones appear to the system as LIP-8024D devices. Any thoughts on whether, with one LIP-8024E working with voicemail and the other not, the problem is related to that or not?

You can change the phone´s MAC in the web admin of the MFIM, like you do it when you swap
a faulty phone with a new one.

So, you are suggesting changing the phone (by changing the MAC addresses in the admin) that is connecting to that mailbox? (Not actually changing the MAC address of the phone that isn't working.) OK, will try that.

Edit: Actually, I'm not able to test that at present, as I had to send the working phone out last week, so I don't have that to test with.

So, I plugged this phone into a different port on the LAN and it seemed to start working. I then took it back to the original port and it wasn't working. I played around some more and I seem to be able to consistently get it to work. The only thing is, and I must have done this with the other phones first and not realized it, that you have to make a call from it (not to it) first before the audio works in the voicemail. It doesn't really make any sense to me, but that appears to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back