Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPECS 100 - Want additional extension to ring when call internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulburton26

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2018
GB
Hi all,

We have a iPECS 100 running F1Dh software

We have lots of remote sites connected to our head office phone system, all works very well with SIP and ISDN30 for inbound lines

What we would like is if we call one of the internal extension numbers, say 246, which is a 8012E phone, we would also like extension 240 to ring at the same time

Basically, extension 240 is a bell in the workshop, so when we call the handset in the office, the bell also rings, so they know to come and answer the phone

Most sites will have 3-4 extensions, so we would like extension 240 to ring for them all

I have looked through all the station attributes, and can't see a way of doing this,

This is only for internal calls, external is fine, as the bell is in the ringing group,

Any help, greatly apricaited,

Paul

Martin - thanks for that

Have looked in there before, unless I am doing something wrong, it doesn't appears to save it

Do I have to fill in the MAC address, IP and Router address for each ? what about station type, is that IPKTI ?

Do I just put the bell extension number in the slave STA number on the right ?

Do ARP, register and codec matter ?

Thanks again,

Paul

Under system data, personal group. This will allow multiple extns to also ring the bell. The linked station will only allow one I think as they effectively become one extension.

Thanks Cody - but this doesn't seem to work

I set the 'Master Station' to be ext 244 - the bell

In the Group Members I added ext 241 + 242 + 243

Saved, then when I tried to dial 241 from my own office phone, it just comes up invalid

Tried all the options in 261 (Personal Group Attribute) and made no difference

Seems we are so close, yet so far

Thanks everyone

Paul

Try the other way round. The master station would be the number you are dialing. Make the bell the other member.
Create a group for each extension you want the bell to ring with.

Hi Cody,

Yes, that does work, however seems a bit of a faf, having to create lots of groups, one for each extension at each site - that's not the problem

Inverted, this means you then cannot just call the bell extension on 244 - which I do sometimes for testing (connected to a Cisco ATA converter)

Paul

I don't think the call coverage will work - looks more like it's for handsets - but thanks for trying

Yes, you're right. Sorry, didn't take the time to look to see if it would work with analog extensions.

The only way I can think of doing it would be to make a station (ring) group for each extension that contains the VoIP phone and the analog extension. You would then call the group number and it would ring both the phone and the bell. You would have to do this for every extension that you want to ring with the bell. It would not be pretty but would work.

Jacksonville Florida Telephone Systems

Bump on this - still ongoing and looking for a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back