Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPDA card reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonL2

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
US
After a power failure at my site my 32IPDA card resets every minute or so ... Ive replaced the card with a spare, Ive changed static IP address, change the Data switch it was in, moved it to a different card slot using a different PC36 and the card still resets ... I could sure use a good idea!
Peer to Peer calling works.
UPDATE: I set the sense wheel to 1 for 100m - no change : the card will come up and I can make calls ip to analog but within 20 sec or so the card resets ... exact same fault on 3 different cards - can I possibly have 3 bad cards?
NOTE: I plug my lapop into that nswitch port and status of my nic card shows 100m and it never goes down.

Do your speed an duplex settings match on the card and the data switch port? Always fixed it to 100 Full on the 32IPDA cards had issues with auto-negotiation.

So as everyone suspected, this turned out to be a problem on the customers VLAN. Very strange as the IPDA was the only thing affected, but we were able to isolate the trouble to their network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back