Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
My company is most likely going to be implementing turrets and since I'm the only one with turret experience we are leaning toward IPC. I used the older slimline turrets and not the newer systems. Can anyone tell me what the differences are and how the backroom connects?? Even some sort of user guides on the turrets themselves would be great. I'm assuming the newer installs are the IQMX???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The new IPC IQMX and Now the IQMAX are IP based machines which means it essentially operates over the internet using internet protocol. The IQMX is the same backbone as the Alliance MX with the addition of a Cisco Router. Alliance MX traditionally connects either on a digital T1 basis and also on an analog basis using either ARD's or MRD's or Pots lines. The IQMX would connect to the Cisco Router and the router would be connected to the internet via and ethernet connection. Not an expert but I know enough to be dangerous. Hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back