Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipaqs and com port redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrManic

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
GB
My manager has given me the task of making several ipaqs synchronise with groupwise through a published desktop. I have been told that com port redirection is the answer but i can find next to nothing on this subject. Thanks in advance

net use com1: /delete
net use com1: \\client\com1:

Put these lines in a batch file and run it from the users desktops. Make sure each user gets a different Com Port number on the server i.e.

net use com2: /delete
net use com2: \\client\com1: etc....

If they end up using the same port, it will screw everything up.

You could also put this in the logon script, but each user would have to have their own script...

HTH :)
Kristine

Thanks for that unfortunatley we use intellisync which doesnt work under citrix :(

Could this be automated, so that you don't have to hardwire the ports?

Ha! I missed the bit about intellisync not working with Citrix, so no good for us too. As intellisync does not work consistently with Groupwise 6, I am not surprised that Citrix is a no-no, I do not expect they will be busting a gut to fix it, either.... We have found that if you upgrade your Groupwise mailboxes to 6, you have to continue to use the 5.5 client to get intellisync to work consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back