Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPAQ H1930 on a LAN with IR/USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonbutler

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2003
GB
I own a HP H1930 PPC2003 PDA but have not splashed out for WiFI or Bluetooth.....yet. Is there anyway for my PDA to use shared files on my workgroup based LAN?

I've tried using the sync cable, but it fails to work - although I can use the internet fine (which is a shared connection on another machine on my network).

Any ideas?

I'm having similar issues. Pocket PC newbie...
Trying to use VNC viewer... using USB sync... can't find a way to change IPAQ address from 192.168.55.101... so reconfigured my LAN to the same range... When pinging my server by name it gets resolved but the ping request times out... any ideas / suggestions.

leonbutler, if I understand you question correctly, you need a third party file explorer. Try Resco file explorer. It has the ability to see the Network Neighborhood to explorer to other machines in the network.

jaf1968, I have not used a VNC viewer yet, but take a look at this thread at pocketpcthoughts.com and see if an answer might be there. If you do not find your answer in that tread, try searching their forums to see if anyone has had a similar issue. They are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back