Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPAD and SBS2003 Microsoft Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabi2

Technical User
Feb 21, 2004
US
Anyone know of any software to get an IPAD to send and receive
Email from a SBS2003 Microsoft Exchange ?

We are using SBS2003 and Exchange and it doesn't work.
Or we can't get it to work...

We had to use Touchdown by Nitrodesk.com to get an Android cell phone to work with SBS2003.

I am using SBS2003 in our orginization and have both Droid and Iphone/Ipad connected to our Exchange. Do you get any sort of error messages when you try to connect???

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

I will ask the user and get back to you.
Thanks for the response...

Your welcome. Are you trying to connect to Exchange with Ipad locally on your network or from outside of the organization like on 3g or some other network?

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

the response from the user::eek:n using your suggested link...
This tells you how, but it's not accepting the information I am putting in. Which is the ip address for the webmail.

Both. I have two users that are attempting to get the IPAD to connect one onsite with the server and the other in another state.

Your question:
"Also your Exchange Server has to have RPC over Http enabled"
I thought..
This procedure is not required on SBS and that SBS fully configures Exchange for RPC over HTTPS

It is not necessarily enabled in SBS 2003. As a part of the Internet connection wizard you have the option to enable it. I think it says use Outlook via the Web. Maybe this article will help to ensure it is enabled.
This would be the first thing I would investigate.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

RPC checked out OK.

My Web server certificate has a problem. Could that be why I can't connect to the IPAD???

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate."

What is the systax for the Web server name???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back