Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPA Numbers - Help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delster

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
GB
Hi all,

this is probably a really dumb question, no formal training on MD110 you see, but how do i find out the IPA number of a system without any documentation for the site. Have Alex and Lv 7 system access but can't find a print command to get the info. It's running BC9.0

cheers

Delster

BC 9 do not have IPA number.
Licence server was added from bc10.

many thanks rfpui, was having a blond moment there!

It IS supposed to do that right??

Hi
I’m very sorry but my English is not fluent language and I don’t understand Your answer
It IS supposed to do that right?? …. It is enigmatic for me

Hi ya, the blond moment just means i'd totally forgotten about the BC10 licence server. the other bit is just my signature line...

It IS supposed to do that right??

Hi
How to read IPa in BC9
Sacop:lim=1,unit=inm,sector=prog,addt=40;
Read on 43,44,45
Regards

pelpi: you are wrong!
Just for your information: INM supplies user program units with temp i/o buffers, so "be careful out there"

Actually INM has nothing to do with EIC (IPA), the correct command is sacop:unit=drlm,lim=1,sector=rel,addr=d4; where D4 and D5 is the IPA number and D6 market code. This was made in BC9 directly with a sacos, and the default value was ff&ff&ff. If your IPU prom is "burned" for a specific IPA number, you have to adjust the same value with sacos.
If I remember right, the address on the IPU prom/2 was 141&&143 or at least somewhere there. With /2 I mean the PROM named 2/RYSxxxxxx on the right side of the board seen from the front.

Hi
No kidding.
sacop:lim=1,unit=inm,sector=prog,addr=40;
ADDRESS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F ISO
00000040 00 00 00 07 10 09 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ................
END

Regards

Is it really true? BC9-PABX have an IPA-Number? Why? I did never heard about it. And if so, then only for new delivered BC9-Systems. After upgrade to BC9 nobody did look after this IPA-Number.

Hi
We have a lot of bc9 systems here inn Norway and every one of them have a uniqe IPA number related to the IPU card.

Regards

after all of this it turns out i don't need the info anyway. The boss was asked by a supplier to provide the IPA. He didn't tell me what it was for. turns out it was for an IV system... which is not supported till BC10 anyway! but thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back