Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500v2 WAN port issue 11.0.4.3.0 Build 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajf13

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
GB
Hi, Hope someone can help out there - thanks

Have an IP500V2 been installed for years (2016 upgraded 2019 SIP trunks added) running 11.0.4.0 Build 3 software and the WAN port has developed an issue that it will not respond it just stops working????!!!
Set up LAN 1 has 100 IP phones and SIP trunk - all good no issues
LAN 2 (WAN) in customers DATA LAN with connection VMPro (App server / Virtual machine) correct software levels for 11.0.4.0 Build 3

Customer know there's a problem when the Auto Attendant stops working and they can not dial *17, I can access the VMpro via the client and get into the app server so I know the issue is not there.

When the problem occurs I can not ping the LAN 2 address from the DATA network, or gain access via Manager, Montior or system status (not a routing issue) this has been going on now for 3 weeks we have replaced the IPO500V2 CCU as I thought it was a failing LAN port. The DATA port on the switch has been changed, everything has been rebooted but the issue is still occurring and becoming more frequent. Nothing appears via monitor just contact lost.

To get it back up and working customer does a soft reboot of the DATA switch port it is plugged into and or just unplugging the patch lead from the LAN 2 clears it for a while. It can be working again for hours or today 20mins before the issue happens again.

Next steps I can think off are re-creating the SD Card / upgrading to the latest 11.0 level but has anyone else had a issue like this??

Thanks in advance

Is the IP address on the WAN port reserved or out of the DHCP scope? Is there a device on the network that is getting the same IP?

Being assured that IP address is out of the DHCP range by customer IT (worked with them along time and they do know what they are doing) and again the IP assigned to WAN port has not been given to another device. Plus when the issue happens I do not get a PING response would have thought if an IP conflict once WAN port goes down then if another device did have the same IP it would respond to the PING. Thanks for input TouchToneTommy

Not all devices respond to a ping. Had that happen to me at a manufacturing plant. IPO would randomly loss connection. Finally had the IT team look at the ARP table in the switch and yep. The IP was set to a different MAC address. Kick start the port and it would update the ARP until the machine started talking again. I would change the IP and see if that helps.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks - TTT and budbyrd - will try that and update - have a great weekend

Quick update - went to site on 2nd Aug
1. Re-formatted and recreated SD Card
2. Changed LAN 2 IP address
3. Changed DATA port LAN 2 was connected too - customer had already thought they had done this but hadn't
4. Changed patch leads from LAN 2 port and corresponding DATA switch port

LAN 2 port has stayed up and operational since - gut feeling either IP change or DATA port changed resolved the issue just glad it's sorted.

Thanks for the input TTT and budbyrd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back