Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500V2 Memory Leak on 11.0.4 SP 6? 11.0.4.6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgunther

Vendor
Aug 29, 2011
US
Hey guys... So we have an IP500V2 with about 150 IP & SIP extensions. We recently were on release 11.0.4 SP4, and noticed that our memory card showed memory utilization high messages and was as high as approx 95% utilized. We were told this was a known issue in 11.0.4 SP4 and that we needed to install 11.0.4 SP6, in which we did. After doing so, our memory usage went down to about 44%. Well about 2 weeks later now we are at 66%, and i'm afraid its going to continue going up again... Any idea's or suggestions?

Are there any third party apps connected? I had issues with 11.0.4 SP3 with a DuVoice hospitality voicemail connected, and the memory use incremented each time a config change for a room checkin/checkout was pushed to the system. Avaya wrote a CP to resolve that.

could be the config or something within the config causing this issue.

So we were able to re-produce the memory issue on a test avaya IP500v2 chassis with the same configuration and SIP trunk. We then removed the sip trunk on the test avaya and low and behold the memory utilization issue went away. The utilization has stayed the same for 3 days now. So we have pinpointed that the memory leak issue is related to our SIP trunk. My next step is to re-build the SIP trunk, and try to determine which setting or option is causing the memory utilization to constantly climb.

So the memory utilization is definately related to the SIP trunk. I am able to delete or even just put the SIP trunk Out-Of-Service, and the memory utilization stabalizes. However, the minute I put the SIP trunk back in service - the memory utilization starts incrementing. I have tried deleting & rebuilding the SIP trunk, and modifying everything i can think of. At this point it is pretty much all defaulted with the exception of the ITSP Domain Name & SIP URI entry. While the SIP trunk works just fine - I cannot pin point what aspect of the trunk is causing the memory utilization to climb.

Do you have the binding refresh time under network topology set? If so what time? Also the keep alives under system>LAN1>VOIP are they enabled and if so set to what value?

It kind of sounds like the IPO is being "spammed" by the SIP provider. Those are the only two settings I could think of that could possibly cause such an issue. I would also run a monitor trace and see if the provider is sending you a crap ton of packets for whatever reason.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The binding refresh time under network topology is not currently set. The Keepalives under the LAN port are also disabled. However, i beleive we have just found the culprit. We are using LAN port 2 for the SIP trunk. When we connect the LAN port 2 to our Cisco 9300 network switch, the memory utilization starts to climb; however when we move the connection to a different type network switch the utilization issue stops, and stabalizes again. So we finally have this narrowed down to our Cisco 9300 switch. Next will be to get a wireshark trace and see what the cisco is throwing at it that the IP500V2 doesnt like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back