Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500V2 11.0.4.6 & Avaya Workplace for IOS - no calls presented when app is in background 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgunther

Vendor
Aug 29, 2011
US
Hello -
We currently have an IP500V2 11.0.4.6 system w/ a SBCE & utilize Avaya Workplace for IOS/Android for our remote workers. We recently received trouble calls that the IOS users are not receiving calls on their Iphone devices unless they have the Avaya Workplace for IOS application open. When they put the app in the background, they do not receive calls any more - even though i still see the phone registered/connected thru IPO System Status. We have read in a few other threads that you need to ensure that Apple Push Notifications are enabled on your system / however, we are still on Release 11.0.4.6, and i see that the apple push notification option wasnt implemented until release 11.1. Unfortunately we are also still currently using VMPRO with a Windows Server 2019, and therefor would have to migrate that to an applications server in order to upgrade to 11.1. Is there anyway to get this working again so that they can receive workplace calls on their workplace for ios app? It was always working fine up until a couple months ago when a workplace app update took place and broke it - but unfortunately I do not see any way to roll back to older versions of the ios app.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, you gotta update. Don't update to 11.1.2.3 though, its broken in that version.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Its a known issue, we have many customers having the same problem (even on the latest version)

I would report this to Avaya, hopefully, they get this fixed soon.

For iOS the quick fix is to disable the Apple Push Notification in the System Config and re-enable it.

Also check your 46xxsettings file has the following lines. It's there on an auto-gen settings file, but if you've ever changed it then it won't update.
# EQNXIOSSPECIFICSETTINGS
SET PUSH_NOTIFICATION_ENABLED 1
SET TELEPHONY_PUSH_NOTIFICATION_SERVICE_URL "SET ENABLE_IPO_PORTAL_MESSAGING_PUSH 1

@IPOLackey
You pointed me in the right direction. Checking the push notification service URL in the settings file showed me that it points to port 411 what means preferred phone ports is activated. Through the SBC only port 443 is reachable. So disabling Preferred ports it started to work fine for me.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Hi guys.

I have the same problem. Only with iOS.
The scenario is a IPO 500 v2 + oneXportal + SBC.
In our 46xxsettings, IPOLackey's suggested lines are writen, and tryed 411 and 443 . The URL is the IPO one. But we have no success.

We have no Spaces license

Any suggestion ??

Thanks in advanced.

No more suggestions on that.
You need APNS to get this working again.
Since August 2022 its no more working(I think it was WP 3.26)

As you said correctly it wasnt implemented for IPO 11.0.

@Martin82 The version 3.26 that is discontinued we are in version 3.31.1 in Apple
I don't think I'm going in that sense to remove functionality in the application and less in IPO.
There must be some other problem.
It could point more to the fact that they have a problem in the Avaya cloud and the IPOs do not synchronize well with the APN service, yes, but I don't know, we are still working on the same thing.

Hi dsx3609
Did you able to solve the issue. What I understood is
add company in the IPO cloud and verify domain.
Enable push notification in the manager
check the 46xx file
add the API key and secret code to the IPO security settings

Is that correct.

Can you provide a little more detail or a step by step procedure?

Thanks in advance..

BeautyANNS -
Can you elaborate on where you are seeing this option/setting?​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back