Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500v1 R9.0.4 remote VPN "system Incompatibility"

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcase69

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
US
Hey guys,

IP500v1 R9.0.4 (all licenses valid)
VMPro

I had a remote VPN phone at a remote office that has worked great for several months, but now has the "system Incompatibility" message on the screen. I have looked at several other posts on this problem, but can't seem to get it to work? With R9, my understanding was that I did NOT need a license for the VPN phone. I saw in a couple of posts that "remote worker" was needed for this? I also saw several posts that suggested I should put "SET SMBLIC 1" at the top (very top) of the 46vpnsetting.txt file (I renamed the 46vpnsettings_Template.txt file to 46vpnsetting.txt) and that did NOT work.

So.... I'm wondering if I need a license (which I don't think I do) and/or if there is anything else I can do? By the way, the phone does work if I bring it in the office and bypass the VPN load.

Any help would be great! As always, this site is the best for help!!

I just tried to reboot the phone from the remote office and it seems like it connects to the IP Office and starts to load files like normal. when it gets to the 46vpnsetting.txt it shows/loads 0kbs. it loads the 46vpnupgrade.scr fine, then shows 46vpnsetting.txt 0kbs received, then shows TFTP error: TIMED OUT, then tells me the EXTN IN USE PRESS # TO REGISTER, THEN EXTN=143 #=ok, NO PASSWORD, UNREGISTER USER #=OK, then I get the "system Incompatibility"

Hope that made sense?!?!?

ok.... as I was typing this, the screen/phone came up like it was working for 2 seconds and then went back to "system Incompatibility" WTF!!!

I LOVE MY JOB! I LOVE MY JOB! I LOVE MY JOB!

So.... can someone confirm if I need a license to get the VPN phone to work?

Thanks....

In 9.0.4 you only need a Avaya IP endpoint license.
System incomatibility indicates a wrong software version or unkown type of phone.

just had the screen appear, then go back to "system Incompatibility"

any help or suggestions would be very welcome....

The phone shows up in System Status as a 4621. When you say wrong software version, do you mean IP Office or phone?

Thanks for the reply....

the SMBLIC parameter was to allow us in the IPO world to use the 46xx vpn phones..
when you loaded those ECG phones 4610, 4620, etc with VPN software they would look to a WebLM licensing server ... complete nightmare to setup if I remember right...

but when they decided that we could use them on the IPO they made the set smblic = 1 to tell the phone that the small business licensing is in effect

that said I have had vpn phones go insane like this,died when I accidently overwrote the vpnsettings file... and just end up replacing the phone with a 5610 to get the user running.

if I remember correctly there is a grace period that they will connect and when that expires the only way to seemingly fix it is to flash the phone back to standard firmware then back to vpn firmware and have the set SMBLIC = 1 correctly

thanks for the reply....

I got it working.... again....

I actually put in a separate router and connected it to the WAN port of the IP OFFICE and had all the VPN phones run through that. I'm not sure if that's correct, but at least it's working???? I took out the SET SMBLIC = 1 line from the 46vpnsettings file and things seem to be working fine. (not sure that really mattered anyways?)

the only thing is that I hope it doesn't go for another 180 days and then decide to stop working again...

thanks again for the reply... this site is the best!!

With the software provided with IP Office the SMBLIC parameter is not needed, not on 46xx or on 56xx series phones.
If the phone is loaded with CM software then the SMBLIC=1 is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back