Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip500 v2 system crashes with 4 solid red light on front 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailly34

Vendor
Aug 15, 2014
US
Hello,

I'm running an IP500 v2 with one phone card 2/atm 4 and a VCM32/PRI. All 9630 IP phone. The system has been in for about 3-4 years with no problems. The last couple of weeks the system has frozen with 4 solid red lights and the phones go to discover. Only a reboot fixes it. Upgraded the system to latest 8.1, and still crashing. Any thoughts?
08746F6BC0840000FA400002-attachment-1-20170428_114430_wacqts.jpg

Oscar
Business Linxs
Miami, Florida

picture of unit
Hard to tell from here,,

Try to recreate the sd card first.

I would start with the SD card as well. YOu could also try defaulting the configuration and reloading it. Make sure you have a backup though.

I thought power, but it works after a reboot.

Oscar
Business Linxs
Miami, Florida

Should I replace the SD card?

Oscar
Business Linxs
Miami, Florida

How fast does the system crash? If it crashes very quickly you can try removing all expansion cards and just run on the SD card and see if it still does it. If so that narrows it down to control unit and SD card. From there I would agree that, after a backup, you do a recreate of the SD card. If it is happens randomly and takes a while you could just start with the recreating of the SD card.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Also that cabling is terrible, did the guy thay did it ride off on his horse afterwards?

Cabling faults can drag a system down too :)

nte-transmall.gif

@amriddle - Its certainly not pretty, but surely we've all seen much much worse :)

Sorry for my english, I hope to be clear enough

I'm also on the power supply.
I would say "ensure that you have the licences for the working version" ( if upgraded in grace period )
Change the chassis to test.
old power supply capacitors can give this type results.

You can also launch a monitor and wait on some infos just before crash.
System status gives some infos about crashes.

good luck.

Thanks all. The SSA says Termination Cause is: "<BROWNOUT> addr=00000000 d=0 pc=f00bac78". any though on this message.

Oscar
Business Linxs
Miami, Florida

Yes it is. Do you have the IPO plugged into a UPS? if not then you possibly have a power supply issue

The end is 2 days away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back