Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 Reboots on SIP Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg11

MIS
Dec 8, 2004
US
We inherited an IP500 R9.1.12. It has PRI and few SIP trunks and a mix of 9508s/9608s. System runs fine until an ICR is added or changed. Moreso when adding ICR that is pointing to SIP trunks. When you call the new ICR the IP500 instantly reboots.....not good.

We are not sure if this is a bug in R9 or a corrupt config file.

Has anyone seen or experienced similar?

I am fairly certain it is not a bug on that release I have used it enough. It sounds more like a corrupted config file. I would try making a new one from scratch and see if that fixes the issue.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Agreed. I suspect a corrupt config as well....thx.

Anyone else?

More......someone else had similar issue in pre 9.1.6 and was supposed to be fixed in 9.1.6 and up.

There are 29 10-digit ICR entries, not that many. The only way we were able to get this fixed temporarily was to open up a saved config and send it to the IP500, then let it reboot. Most of the ICRs point to a VMPro module. We had this happen about 6 months ago and was able to get the SIP trunks stable again was via playing with stun and rebooting a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back