Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 Networked to a IPO403

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gugs

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
I have a ip500 (r4.058407)and a ipo403 (r3.2.55) I am trying to network them together on the same network but everytime I plug in the 403 it causes the ip500 to lock up and restart. Here is my set up the ip500 is 192.168.1.181, the ip route is ip address 192.168.1.0, mask 255.255.255.0, destination lan 1. The ip line is set up like this line number 99, incoming /outgoing 99, 8 channels, gateway address 192.168.1.182, faststart,direct media path, and voice networking are checked. Here is my set up the ipo403 is 192.168.1.182, the ip route is ip address 192.168.1.0, mask 255.255.255.0, destination lan 1. The ip line is set up like this line number 99, incoming /outgoing 99, 8 channels, gateway address 192.168.1.181, faststart,direct media path, and voice networking are checked. If anyone has any help that would be great.

Turn off Fast Start

Make the Line groups on each system unique

Make sure all extn/group/line groups and ID's and unique.

Is H450 Support on.

I am assuming you have VCM's in both systems?????

If you are still having problems, turn of Voice Networking and H450, you should still be able to call between systems.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

If i am reading your thread correctly your IP500 is on 1.181 and your 403 is on 1.182?

These are on the same subnet, you dont need an ip route at all.

All you need to do if the two IPO,s are on the same subnet is create an IP trunk on each with the gateway set to be the other control unit.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

I have always been told you should not turn on SCN for systems of different versions. I may be wrong but it causes all kinds of issues. Try turning off Voice Networking.

Different versions of IPO firmware when using SCN is supported - I've definitely read it. The only thing is the functionality will be reduced to the lower version of firmware within the SCN. I've got a 3.2(55) running fine with a V4 SOE.

I believe 2.1>3.2/4.0 is supported as well for SCN

Jamie Green

Scn is supported on core software version that are no further than one major revision apart

eg

3.2 - 4.0 ok

3.1 - 4.0 not ok

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Thanks for the help everyone. I did find 1 conflicting line group and I also had to turn off H450. I am not sure why I had to turn H450 off but when I did everything started working. Thanks for all the input.

Jeremy

Change the line group number on one of the systems and turn H450 back on again.

You should get full SCN then.

Jamie Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back