Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip412

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony316

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
CA
Hi

I want to log into a new 412 but i cant, I'm able to ping

what i should do

Take an old 2.x manager instead of the 4.1 manager.
The 4.x manager is only backwards compatible to 2.1+.
I think the 412 has default a lower software version.

Go back to person who sold it to you for support?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

so i need to find a version 2.1 of the manager because the ipo is at version 2.0.20

a 3.2 or 3.1 will work

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

its not working with a 3.2 version

upgrade failed

what release are you right now on it?
Don't upgrade anything, you screw it up to a lot of work for you and this forum, just try to connect and see what release you are then we can tell you more

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Find a product authorised tech before you screw up your system, or get the training to be authorised to touch the system. You are trying to do things you should not be doing, if you had the right stuff to teach yourself you would have read the manual.

I'm a IPO technician and the version of the IPO is 2.0.20

two options spring to mind.

1) download a copy of 3.0dt form the avaya website to get the 412 to a reqasonable level (you could even use this to go straight to V4.1 if you change the working directory ifor bin files to a suitable location)

2) use the DTE port to erase the firmware & configure the bootp entry to upload the firmware

Opt. 2 should be a last resort because if you cant get it working you have a brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back