Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406 v1 with IP400 DT 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggemmoff

Technical User
Dec 16, 2011
GB
Hi Guys and Gals
I have an Ip406 V1 running at version 3.2 (69) and an IP400 running at 3.4 (22). The latter is not very happy but there does not seem to be a way to downgrade it to a compatible level. I have tried taking the 406 back to 3.1 (56) but the system then doesn't see the DT. Am i missing something such as a specific bin file. I have found a bin file (naDT-16.bin) which would purport to take the system back to 3.2 (14) but this does not run. Any ideas?
I am running IPO manager 5.1(56) - (the hyper terminal indicates that there is an "unpack invalid IE length and that the DT manager version is 0.2)

I haven't heard of anything on 3.4(22) If your core 406 is at 3.2(69) any digital expansion IP400's should be at 5.2(69).

Mark G
Avaya SMEC - ACSS

So many points to make!!!!!!

3.4(22) in expansion module terms is 1.4(22) core software.

You should not be using 3.1(56) Manager with a 3.2(69) system

All CPU's and modules should be at the same level. You cannot downgrade this IP400 DT unit because DT's are only supported upto 2.1/3.0DT software. I don't even know where you have pulled the 3.2(14) DT bin file from. That is very old.

You need a serious visit from a Business Partner as you are trying to make things work that will not without alot of work, and (I'm sorry to say) you blatently haven't the faintest idea what you are doing!!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Just for the beautiful word "faintest" you get a star Jamie.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I saw this post and simply wished there was a delete button.

Time to red flag it.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Please please Please get a competent maintainer.
if you have something this wrong now you are likely to have other problems once you get the system running the correct firmware.

This is a classic example of 'Do something cheap and it will cost you dear'

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back