Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406 Problem (post-connect outpulsing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwts

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
I have a customer with an IP406 running version 2.0(16). When calling out to any location, from an analog extension, that has an auto attendant that requires digits to be entered, the digits are not recognized.

For example, I can call back to my office and get the auto attendant. I need to enter 13 to get my extension. When I enter the '1' it never breaks the auto attendant recording and eventually times out.

This problem does not happen when I call from an IP phone, and the problem does not happen when I test the analog lines on the terminal before entering the IP406.

at this stage considering the age of V2.0(16) I would have to recomend upgrading the system firmware befor attempting to diagnose the problem.
if rou are using DT type handsets (2030 etc) then try V2.1(73) otherwise you may as well go all the way to V3.2

Someone else recommended that I not go higher than 2.1(73). This may be what I try.

it aldepends on your setup
if you have DT styel handsets then V2.1(73) is the higest version your system supports (Yes I know V3.0DT existst but it is realy just a re-badged V2.1)

We had a similar problem using $20 AT&T analog phones. Switched to $20 GE phones and that solved the problem.

ned7077,

What software version were you running when you had the problem?

It was shortly after having the system installed in 2002, so probably 1.3 or 1.4, I'm not 100% sure. Like I said we ended up replacing those phones since we had others that worked OK. The AT&T phones were model #821 I believe, I don't have any left but that # sticks in my head.

Hope this helps.

Updating to 2.1(73) solved this problem. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back