Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP403 2.1.27 Hunt Group Overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjohn

Vendor
Jun 29, 2005
US
IP403 V2.1.27 & VM Lite, calls ring to a Hunt Group (most idle) with queing turned on and the overflow option turned on. When all agents in first group are busy, calls immediately bounce to the overflow group, the overflow timer setting is ignored (and calls do not que). If an available agent is log into the first group, but does not answer a ringing call, the call will not que (as it should not), but it will overflow after it reaches the overflow timer setting. Any suggestions what I may done incorrectly?

if i understand you correctly you would like calls to que for the first group when all agents are busy.

if this is the case put a time in the overflow timer even if this is the default 15 secs all calls in then will que for this time before being passed to the overflow group even if all the agents are busy.

cheers

lee

IP403 V2.1.27 & VM Lite, calls ring to a Hunt Group (most idle) with queing turned on and the overflow option turned on. When all agents in first group are busy, calls immediately bounce to the overflow group, the overflow timer setting is ignored (and calls do not que). If an available agent is log into the first group, but does not answer a ringing call, the call will not que (as it should not), but it will overflow after it reaches the overflow timer setting. Any suggestions what I may done incorrectly?

I would like calls to que if all agents are busy, and then bounce to overflow group after the amount of time defined in the overflow timer.

Example

Ring mode: most idle

No answer time set to 10 seconds (how long it will ring at a free extension before trying the next

Overflow time set to 60 seconds

Group set in overflow

Queuing set to on and 10 seconds ring time

Check that group names are no longer than 13 character, have no spaces and other characters

Check voicemail pro setup with queue settings against the group

My Hunt group will que, but if I put in an overflow group, calls will bounce immediately to that and not que.
I will put in CAPS my settings.
Ring mode: most idle (MOST IDLE)

No answer time set to 10 seconds (how long it will ring at a free extension before trying the next (14 SECONDS)

Overflow time set to 60 seconds (120 SECONDS)

Group set in overflow (OVERFLOW, which has 1 extention set for unconditional fwd offsite)

Queuing set to on and 10 seconds ring time(QUE IS ON AND 12 SECONDS)

Check that group names are no longer than 13 character, have no spaces and other characters (OVERFLOW)

Check voicemail pro setup with queue settings against the group (VOICE MAIL LITE)

It seems you have two issues here. With respect to your second issue, if only one agent in the first group is free, it will ring this agent for the no answer time specified on that group, and then it will try to pass it to the next most idle agent. Because there are no other agents free (although the group still actually has a free agent) the call will overflow. This avoids the call staying on the one extension for long periods of time. This is normal beahviour.

You other issue however, does seem more like a problem. This is how things should be...

If all extensions in the Hunt Group are busy (ie. on a call, logged out or membership is disabled) or not answered, an Overflow Group can be used to take the calls. The Overflow Time can be used to stipulate how long a call will ring round the members of the Hunt Group before being passed to the Overflow Group.

If queuing is used with an overflow group, a call is sent to the Overflow Group after it has been held in the queue for the time specified by the Overflow Time.

If you are not getting this behaviour, I would suggest that you default your unit and test it, then upgrade it to the latest firmware. Can I ask why you are using 2.1.27? That is a very old build. If you need to keep 2.1 for CCC4, then you could upgrade to 2.1.44 which is an August release. Or even better, think about getting everything onto V3.

Final thing - is your group name all in CAPS. If so, try to avoid this. I have seen problems with users and groups which are all in uppercase.

A call will only queue if it has no where to go. By putting an overflow group in - you have given it somewhere to go.

If you think about it logically - how can you play the 'all our operators are busy' msg to a caller when not all operators are (the ones in the overflow group also count as operators).

If all users in your 'main' group are busy - it will go to the overflow group immediately - and ignore the overflow timer (it only uses this timer if it can ring a phone in the 'main' group first).

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back