Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip2004 phone no speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymac

Technical User
Sep 7, 2009
GB
Hi Guys, have a problem with a Nortel ip2004 phone. When plugged into BCM, it automatically searched for firmware upgrade, downloaded it then powered up as normal. problem is that when I made a call to another phone(M7310)it rings the phone, but when answered there is no audio either way.If you put the 2004 on handsfree, I can hear myself on the 2004 speaker but no speech fom the mic.
Thanks in advance.

try to deregister the phone and re-register it to another DN.

Make sure the handset is plugged into the handset jack and not the headset jack. Made the same mistake myself and got the exact same symptoms.

Sorry guys, tried both and still no luck.The phone is 2005 model, and I dont think the firmware has been kept up to date, which may be a problem. When the phone powered up it said downloading firmware, and I'm using a bcm50 v2. when I make a call from a 7208, the person on the 2004 can hear me but I cant hear them both in handset and handsfree. Can it be a firmware fault?, and if so,do you know where I would get the config files? or do you think the bcm is the wrong version.It's just that all the other models work, it just seems to be the 2004 which has this problem.
Thanks for replies so far.

Check your ip phone settings for the Phone..Could be the Gateway info is wrong on this set.
I had a similar problem when i changed the gateway by mistake on a single phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back