Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP1120E Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue trying to push firmware to an IP1120E. This is the only one out of 60 that won't update. I've tried to force firmware download, re-registered the set and totally disconnected and set up again. I just upgrades firmware to what was currently on it (0624C3G) I want it to have the latest (0624C4L)

All other sets have the latest firmare applied. Just this one with this issue.

This is a BCM400 fully patched to SU21 which I know there is problems with however this firmware was released previous to SU21 so I don't see that as being the issue.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this ?

Thanks.

I've seen some issues before trying to upgrade firmware when the BCM and IP phones are on different VLANs/subnets. Try putting the phone in the same VLAN/subnet as the BCM.

Also, there is a method of upgrading firmware on 11xx phones using a tftp server. If you can get your hands on the firmware file you want, you could give that a shot.

GV82:

If the BCM doesn't have the upgraded f/w file, once the set is upgraded via tftp svr, the phone will downgrade to whatever is on the BCM. The only way to give a BCM this f/w file is via a s/w patch or having Nortel log into your system and having them manual put the file on your system.

The latest firmware is on the BCM as all other phones upgraded fine. Just this was connected but not in use for a while. Now that it is in use I noticed the firmware was not current to what is on the BCM and all other phones. I even rebooted to see if might push it out, but no joy. Quite strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back