Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

atbw3

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
JO
could you pls. explain me how to load the firmwere to i2007 ip phone??

Is it different than i2004?

prt the dnb & get the tnb

goto ld 32

.fdlf <tnb> enter

the i2007 phone is in service, a the customer gets new firmwere software & wants to load (upgrade)it to his phone

If you are running CS 1000 4.5 or later, the IP Phone 2007 can retrieve new firmware directly from the CS 1000. If you are running earlier vrsions, then you will need a TFTP server to provide firmware. Details are in the IP Phones NTP.

yes we running CS 4.5, the customer wants us to download the firmware software from Nortel site, my question how to insert this softwere to the systym or to telephone directly ??

Instructions are in the IP Line NTP. Essentially the same as any other IP Phone.

download the software from Nortel, save it as a file on your workstation/network.
Login to Element Manager and upload the file.
(If you have two signaling servers, make sure you upload it to both)
Then either reboot your IP phone (firmware will be installed automatically) or issue command to the signaling server(s) to distribute the firmware to the registered IP phones

Thanks alot , all of you deserve star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back