Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Turnk: Transfered Calls Fail To Ring On Dest Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2009
KE
Hello Guru,

I am having a bad week with IPOs.... that for some strange reason, call transfers are simply failing. My biggest problem is that this happens with the receptionist's phone.

All incoming external calls get routed to the extn 3505. My receptionists has three phones/extns at their disposal - ext 3505 (Main), extn 3525 and extn 3599.

Now, suddenly, when an external call comes in, it rings on 3505. The receptionist picks, but transfer to all extns on 33xx fail (with the exception of one, 3371, oddly). The failure is such that the destination extn simply does not ring, but the incoming call light flashes. However, when the reception steals the call (*30) from extn 3525, she is able to transfer. If I make the extn 3525 the Main one, same problem happens. When they steal call, they can transfer.

I have looked everywhere in the configuration of the two IPOs involved, but cannot nail down the problem.

I am not sure how to upload several files here for your perusal, so I have put a sketch of my VoIP network and the two configs at
I am hoping that someone can help me find out what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back