Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Trunking HiPath 3000 and HiPath 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dneis

Technical User
May 8, 2006
EU
Hello,

Anybody has already configured an IP Trunking with the 3300 and 4000?

if yes, any documentation?

Regards,
DEnis

Hi Denis

I have some documentation that could be helpful for you for both the 4K and the 3K.

However I do not seem to be able to attach them both easily.

Si I have had to set two answers with different attachements.

Kind regards

Simon

http://www.mediafire.com/?o6uffs5x7u8lw69
That 4K document is extremely outdated. HiPath 4000 V5 IP Trunking is configured much differently.

Thanks for the reminder Iamnothere,

Wasn't thinking about the version when I replied.

I'd forgotten that there are some new AMO's to consider.
BFDAT for IP Gateway Board configuration. for one.

Am looking for a more up to date document now.

Stand by!

Guys, thank you very much for your help !

I configured my h4kv5 and h3kv8 the best I can with those doc but got a please try later when trying to dial on the 4k, I ran a diagnostic ISDN trace on the IP Trunk but can't see anything (no setup etc...)
my gw seems to not register neither...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GWNO 99 GWATTR EXTGW HG3550V2 H323 |
| GWIPADDR 10 .170.4 .26 GWDIRNO 419999 |
| DIPLNUM 0 DPLN 0 |
| LAUTH 1 |
| GATEWAY REGISTERED: NO |
| IP GATEWAY IS CONFIGURED BY GKREG |
| INFO: LAB3000 GW 6 |
| SECLEVEL: TRADITIO |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Any ideas?

Hi Denis,

How have you got your GWDIRNO configured in WABE?

There are two methods available, i.e. Closed numbering or Open Numbering.
Closed numbering would require you to set the number up as a STN with an NWLCR configured to access the Gateway card trunk group with a specific "DestNo".
Or Add the number as a TIE and add a Specific RICHT and LDAT for the TSC Connection. I know there was talk of it not requiring this, but I have found that it always works if you do it this way. This should then show the gateway as "REGISTERED"
I still need to check out my V5.0 information as I have been busy today.

Regards

Simon

Hello Simon,

Thank for the help, I configured it as a tie.
One thing , do you put the IP address of the HG1500 or of the 3000? I configured with the IP Address of the HG1500, like in the doc.

ADD-LDPLN:LCRCONF=LCRPATT,DIPLNUM=0,LDP="374"-"999"-"11",LROUTE=999,LAUTH=1,PINDP=N;
ADD-RICHT:LRTENEW,999,ALL,"LAB 3000 ",199,1-49-989,,NO,FIX,DIGITS,"LAB 3000 ",PP300,,,,,YES,NO,,0,NEUTRAL,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO;
ADD-LDAT:999,ALL,1,,199,199,10,,1,EMPTY,WCHREG,,4,,,,,,,,99-0,,,,;

ADD-TDCSU:OPT=NEW,PEN=1-01-006-0,COTNO=99,COPNO=99,DPLN=0,ITR=0,COS=48,LCOSV=20,LCOSD=32,CCT="IP-TR LAB ",DESTNO=0,PROTVAR=PSS1V2,SEGMENT=8,DEDSVC=NONE,TRTBL=GDTR,SIDANI=N,ATNTYP=TIE,CBMATTR=NONE,TCHARG=N,SUPPRESS=0,TRACOUNT=31,SATCOUNT=MANY,NNO=1-1-150,ALARMNO=20,FIDX=1,CARRIER=1,ZONE=EMPTY,COTX=99,FWDX=10,CHIMAP=N,UUSCCX=16,UUSCCY=8,FNIDX=1,NWMUXTIM=10,CLASSMRK=EC&G711,TGRP=199,SRCHMODE=DSC,INS=Y,SECLEVEL=TRADITIO,DEV=HG3550IP,BCHAN=1&&2,BCNEG=N,BCGR=1,LWPAR=2,LWPP=0,LWLT=0,LWPS=0,LWR1=0,LWR2=0,DMCALLWD=Y;
ADD-GKREG:99,EXTGW&HG3550V2&H323,10.170.4.26,419999,0,0,1,"LAB3000 GW 6",TRADITIO;

ADD-LODR:199,,,,ECHO,3;
ADD-LODR:199,,,,NPI,PRIVATE,LOCAL;
ADD-LODR:199,,,,END;
ADD-LODR:199,,,"LOC CODE /IP CORNET",;

Same cot and cop than in your documentation.

The only thing I could not find is that in the H3kv8 I don't have the tab SIP and the Box SIP provider

Hi

If you are referring to GKREG:99 above it is the IP address of the HG1500 card.
As for the SIP tab on V8, I am assuing youmean the SIO settings on the HG1500 card. These should be ignored as you are using CORNET-IP (H323) and the TRUNKS should be configured as such in the IP Trunk Section of the Manager E.

Regards

Simon

HEllo There,

It's working now, I was missing a parameter in cgwb :) gkleg.
Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,
Denis

Hi Denis,

Well done for translating the documantaion in the document I attached into the later AMO's

I did give a quick glance yesterday when I was actually on a V5 switch during the day, but I hadn't had teh chance to log in and add this to the thread.

Glad to have been of some help at least.

Cheers

Simon

Hello Simon,

I have 50 H3K IP trunking to configure with one 4k, and this one was with a test Lab. I just ran into the configuration of a production H3k in france that were configured by a Siemens partner. All is ok but when I tried to dial from the 4k to the 3k, it does not work I have a not possible. I ran a trace on the IP trunking and as disconnect reason I have invalid number format.

I don't know much about the 3k but I would presume in my LODR I need to send something different than with my lab (ie. NPI,UNKNOWN,UNKNOWN).. but I don't know where to look on the 3k..
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Denis

Go into Lines/Networking and look at LCOSS. That translates the permissions from one side of the network to what they can do on the other side. Make sure these are set properly - mine are 3, 3, 3, 5. These represent the LCOSV settings on your 4000 - for mine, "3" is pretty much full access except for international and 900. "5" adds international and no one dials 900 calls.

Also go into Classes of Service and look at CON Matrix. Make sure everything is allowed to talk to everything else.

Hello There,

Thank you believe it or not, after a night of good sleep , this is working this morning, without touching anything.. so I don't understand but it's working, so another 49 H3K to configure :-D

Thanks again for your time,
Cheers,
Densi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back