Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP to Analog converter for Faxing on IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcd123

Programmer
Apr 8, 2010
US
Has anyone had any success with inbound/outbound faxing over a data network using an IP to Analog converter and PRI on an IP Office?

Look at a Multitech MultiVoIP MVP130-FXS. A SIP device, needs a 3rd party IP license. Have a customer using it over a SCN and in/out over a PRI

Hi. Yes I have had 0 problems when I was using the dedicated 8 port analog card on 7.0. We pointed that incoming fax line to the analog port on the 8 port analog card, ext. 108 I believe. Zero complaints from customer, installed approx. 1 year ago.

I used 2 Patton Micro ATA's for the same purpose and no call backs so I guess they work as well. No news are in that case good news.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

ôThis is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

We have had success with the Patton Micro ATA's as well.

Thanks all. I've seen issues in the past with large multi-page documents that don't always go through on regular Hosted VoIP. Just wanted to make sure others have had success before I go quoting this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back