Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatX

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
ZA
Greetings,

This should be a fun question for somebody in-the-know. I'm trying to get an overview of Avaya's DEFINITY IP telephony architecture. Useful as the manuals are, in terms of technical overviews they're a bit lacking. Maybe somebody here can help?

I have a DEFINITY G3r version with 5 DS/1's, C-LAN and MAPD. I have CentreVu IP-Agent. I want to set up my PC as an IP telephony soft phone. What do I need in terms of switch hardware and licenses? And what primary steps would I follow to go about accomplishing this task? I'm itching to play around with this.

Thanks!

Ewps! Forgot version - DEFINITY release 9.

check your RTU's to ensure you have at least one IP agent licence, install the software on your machine, get the Avaya IP server address and connect in "Telecommuter" mode then point the IP Agent to your hard-phone, (you'll need a medpro card if you want to use your PC as a softphone,and the quality although bearable is not comparable to using the hard-phones)
Let me know if you hit any difficulties.

cheers,
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back