Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

thii

MIS
Jan 23, 2004
US
I tried to setup my IP softphone (first time). However,I got a error saying IP softphone station are not allowed to log into the server. I have enabled ip softphone and change the multimedia mode for my station. Is there anything that I am missing? Disp Cap showing

System System
ID Rel Regist. Avail. Limit ID Rel Regist. Avail. Limit
------------------------------------------------------------
ip_phone 98 : 0 2 2 :
ip_romax 98 : 0 900 900 :
ip_soft 98 : 0 3 3 :
:

Change Station XXXX
First page all the way down on right hand side:

IP Softphone: y

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

What release are you on? What does it say when you do a "disp sys cust" on page 3 at the bottom for IP Softphone?

In the future everything will work...

Did you check sys-parameters customer options there are some ip settings there that have to be set (usually by Avaya). They are p 1 max # ip stations; p 3 ip stations set to y and p 9 complete max ip registrations by product id. And if you have ip trunks there other settings there for trunking.

Did you add the password on the station form?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

98Converter, Yes, I did add a password to the station.

PhoneGuy847, Here is the settings on my switch:
Page 1: Max# IP stations: 3
Page 3: IP station:y
Page 9: This is what I have on page 9:

Product ID Rel. Limit Used
ip_phone 98 : 2 0
ip_romax 98 : 900 0
ip_soft 98 : 3 0

NX01, I looked at page 3, it doesn't have release # there..

Are you trying to use Softphone R5? If so, you need specific R5 Softphone licences. Download R4 Softphone to use the freebie licences that come with the switch.

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

No, I acutally try both ver 3 and 4.. None of them work.

Thanks

what's your server's release, in release 9.5, you should add a h.323 station when you want to use a ip phone.

It's release 10. I am trying to use the IP softphone.

Check the settings on page 2 of the station form you wish to log in as. Change the 2 settings as below

Service Link Mode: as-needed
Multimedia Mode: enhanced

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ed, I checked both settings, they are already set as you say.

Any suggestion?

Is your Clan and Medpro connected to your network?

In the future everything will work...

Lets try looking at the softphone's options! Are you connecting as Road Warrior, Telecomuter,Control telephone via server or Control an IP phone via server. I beleve Road warrior needs a medpro board. Telecomuter does not. Control Telephones via server I have no idea. I am connected via telecomuter and is working fine

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I don't have medpro board.

Ed, I did configure using telecommuter but still getting the same error. :(

Have you configured the Telecommuter software?
disp telecomuter:
TELECOMMUTING ACCESS

Telecommuting Access Extension: XXXX

Enter a non assigned number.

Once this is done retest

Please let me know
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I don't think I have telecomuter feature on my switch..

What Release of switch do you have? If you enter change telecomuter what do you get? I beleve Telecomuter after V8 is a freebe.

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Are you selecting log on to phone or log on to switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back