Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP softphone working sort of, but not really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrevino

MIS
Mar 22, 2004
US
Good afternoon all, I am having all sorts of problems getting the softphone client working correctly through a PIX classic firewall. Inside the firewall, using Road Warrior, I can make and receive a call outside the firewall, although these a large delay. Once I try connecting from outside the firewall, this is what happens:
I can connect to the call server, I can make a call to a desk phone, I can hear DTMF tones on the phone I'm calling to, and in my headset, when pressing number keys from the softphone client, but cannot hear any voice audio on either end. Nor can I hear any DTMF tones back from the phone I called when listening from the headset! We've made several changes in the PIX, but apparently there's still something not set correctly. Is there anything in the PBX that needs to be changed, in the IP-?? setting pages?
In the PIX, the internal IP's are NAT'd out to the DMZ interface, which is how we connect to the PBX. I can provide a config from the PIX if anyone wants. We only use this firewall to separate the Telecom world from the LAN world, so the config is fairly small and straightforward. Any help will keep me from beating my head on my keyboard again. Thanks in advance, TT

Do you have these commands in the PIX?

fixup protocol h323 h225 1720
fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719

We do have the fixup protocol h323 1720, but without the h225. We don't have the fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719 line. What does the h225 add? Thanks, TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back