Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP SOFTPHONE SIGNALING OK BUT NO VOICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosalavaya

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2004
NL
Hi All
I have a problem with softphone
I have a CLan on 172.17.1.31 and a med pro on 10.87.141.40
both are in Ip-network region 4 and my softphone (through a VPN Checkpoint ) as 192.168.1.100 (my pc at home ) and have ip-network region 6 (by ip -network map).
I can log into the s8700 from my home, i have signaling.
Softphone tell me that i have g729 codec,
Status station xx tell me i have g729 on page 4 and i have an audio connection. BUT I CAN SEND/EAR VOICE from and to my softphone. Signaling is Ok (ring, answer etc)

I tried to put the med pro into the same Ip adressing net mask and IT WORKS FINE but i can't do it for a long time because this med pro is dedicated for IVR on a different subnet (10.87.141.xx)
Is anyone could help me (maybe with Hair shuffling pining etc but i don't know how it works.
Thanks for this Forum

Is there any layer 3 filtering between you and the subnets, or between the subnets themselves? Do you route between the subnets?

Can you ping 10.87.141.40 from home?

I assume you can ping 172.17.1.31 from home since the signaling portion is working...but verify anyway

hi all and thank you for your reply. I can't ping anything because icmp is disabled on my vpn access.
so there a lot of router and Nokia firewall and my vpn reach an access point somewhere in Irlande (i'am french...) and route to Site through an Atm...that's the reason why i can obtain easily a good routing rules from network administrators.
In fact, I wonder if Medpro route the voice through the clan or on dedicated coverage. Is it possible to have two Ip network with no link and hope s8700 will join the flow (bearer and signaling) internaly (....difficult for me to translate in english ), finally when i wrote this reply i find this question stupid ...? isn't it ?
Two different network can't give me both signaling and bearer....
I will try to have an additional med Pro ....hey i'am the teleco manager....no ? i 'am deciding to buy a medpro!thanks to all

Frenchideas, I saw also one point, for futur, you said than your clan and medpro use IP-network-region 4 and after than your softphone use ip-network-region 6, so you have to take care in your both ip-network-region Page 3 if you have the right to speak and with the good codec. It should be the reason than you could contact the clan but no voice
It's a security system to allow or not some dialog between few ip-network-region.

Telecom Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back