Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone / Road Warrior Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXmann

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
Howdy All -

Running G3r V11 & IP Softphone 4.13 w/ SP2 on Win2000.

Works fine when I log in as Telecommuter mode.

When I try Road Warrior mode, I get problems. When I try to go "off hook" on the softphone, I get a line appearance briefly, no audio, then it goes dead. However, busy indicators, etc still seem to work. Here is a trace when I try to make a call logged in as Road Warrior. (P.S. I am trying this from in the office on the same LAN as the CLAN card).

LIST TRACE

time data

15:04:46 denial event 1644: Orig block/invalid digits D1=0x5e31 D2=0x1c39
15:04:46 active station 53408 cid 0x1c39
15:04:46 denial event 2314: No channel resources D1=0x7f00002d D2=0x1c39

I think I may have just answered my own question...

The two Medpro cards we have in the PBX are on a different VLAN and on IP Network region 2.

I doubt there is any way I can use IP Softphone in Road Warrior mode one our "main" LAN on IP Network Region 1 when our only Medpro cards are on a VLAN (which does not route to our main LAN) and they are on IP Network Region 2.

Oh well...

yes, it must have been a medpro problem...

maybe the ip-network-mapping could bring a solution...

You can set up your mapping so that you can use that any medpro. We have phones on 192. and 172. and 10. addresses. We map them so that they share medpros

s8700user -

Would you give me a little more specifics on how this is done? I will be glad to copy and paste any PBX screens here that might be helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back