Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone export of settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter778

Technical User
May 26, 2009
BG
Hello,

We are currently using R06.01.89 Avaya ip softphones on a free sitting environment. The problem is that the softphone needs to be configured every time an agent logins to a computer for the first time, which is not that great in a free sitting environment like ours. This is solved by using the same Windows account for all of the agents, but I don't like the idea and I need to find another solution.

I've found that there is a option to export the settings of the softphone - it creates a registry file. Importing it helps, but it does not import the audio configurations and also the station password is not saved. Does anyone know if there is a work around this - exporting and importing the whole Softphone registry key doesn't seem to work.

For our installs, we do a basic install of the software and then copy in edited xml files with everything you need except the extension and password. Then when the software starts, it reads these xml files and gives you a pre-configured client. Might try something like this.

Check here:
%APPDATA%\Avaya\Avaya one-X Communicator

Thanks for the input ktripp.

I've tested it with One-x and copying of the Avaya one-x Communicator - like in the other case all of the configurations are transfered, except that the agents need to rerun the Audio Tuning Wizard. Any ideas on how this can also be transfered ?

Sorry - I mean copying of the Avaya one-x Communicator directory in %APPDATA%\Avaya\

Not sure what to do about that one. Is it not just a one time thing when they first log in?

ktripp - yes it is, but when you have a free sitting ( the agent sits on different computer every day ) and with a call center of over 100 agents and PC's, it will take a while for a agent to have every computer configured, until then he have to repeat the procedure time after time, again and again :)

What about roaming profiles? What about copying profiles from one PC to the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back